He is one of the best american writers, he is the Impressionism writer.he is not only a writer but he is a poet and a journalist as well.
He is Stephen crane,he was born on 1 November 1871 in New Jersey where he spent hes childhood,he is the presbyter Jonathan Townley Crane and Mary Helen Peck Crane’s son he had 14 brother 5 of them were died in the childhood and his father when he was just 8 years old .
He start writing in an early age :4 years old ,and he wrote his first article when he was 19 years old in his school magazine about the explorer “Henry Morton Stanley “
Stephen crane stared his work as a journalist in new York in 1892 then he publish his famous short story Maggie: A Girl of the Streets in 1893 and his famous roman The Red Badge of Courage about the civil war in 1895 .
The Creativity was always with stephen crane. in 1896 he traveled to Cuba in the way the ship was sinking after 36 hours just three person who Survived then stephen crane wrote this adventure in his novel The Open Boat and Other Tales in 1898.
Stephen crane wrot lot of novels and poems before he died June 5, 1900 in Badenweiler someones of them:
- Maggie: A Girl of the Streets, New York, 1893
- the red badge of courage, New York,1895
- George’s Mother, New York, 1896
- The Third Violet, New York, 1897
- Active Service, New York, 1899
- The Open Boat and Other Tales of Adventure, New York, Doubleday & McClure, 1898
- The Monster and Other Stories, New York, in1899
- Wounds in the Rain: War Stories, New York, in 1900
- The Black Riders and Other Lines, 1895
- War is Kind, New York,in 1899
- R. W. Stallman, Stephen Crane: A Critical Bibliography, Iowa State University in1972
- Ames William Williams, Stephen Crane: A Bibliography, New York, in 1970